Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eat Local Challenge, day 11

Today was filled with a lot of running around between appointments and time in studio, and I can barely remember what I ate during the day, but I did enjoy a wonderful dinner with friends at Nine Mile, a local restaurant that features Caribbean inspired cuisine and uses fresh, local, seasonal produce whenever possible. My entree, Marley's Magic, featured grilled Jerk Carolina trout and a delicious coconut ginger curry sauce. The food was excellent, and I know it was even better because of the company shared as we three friends hadn't been together for a meal in quite a while.  


Is it strange at all that the first thing that comes to mind when you want to reconnect with someone is to do so over a nice meal?  I don't think so.


As for the home front, I picked up a few things from the co-op and had my delivery from Mudluscious Gardens, so I'm well stocked and already mulling ideas for what I'll cook this weekend that will serve as my core for the coming week's menus.




Incredible eggs, savoy cabbage and tomatillos from Mudluscious, and taking part in my co-op's Eat Local Challenge today I picked up local apples, green beans, shiitake mushrooms and a watermelon.  I'm already thinking about a slaw with the cabbage and apples, a nice roasted salsa with the tomatillos, a nice stir-fry perhaps or when I get more tomatoes, a pasta sauce with the mushrooms.  This'll give me sweet dreams tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment