Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eat Local Challenge, day 10

The freezer went a bit wonky, so I had to cook up the Carolina shrimp I picked up at a tailgate a couple of weeks ago.  They got a quick bbq/soy marinade before hitting the grill, and today they were tossed in with some extras and leftovers from the past days meals.


A quick salad of market tomato & garlic roasted corn, plus some of the black beans from the other night and the rest of yesterday's avocado with a squirt of aged balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.

Today's been busy with work and errands, so I'm likely going to miss the Co-op tailgate, and I missed the West Asheville tailgate yesterday (poo).  Thankfully, the co-op carries much of what I find at the tailgate, and almost as fresh.  And tomorrow I get a lovely delivery to my studio door from Mudluscious Gardens.  This week, if supplies last, I hope to receive eggs, tomatillos and cabbage.  Never sure what'll be on the list, and never sure what'll still be available by the time my order pulls, so it's always exciting to see what comes and then to find something fun and delicious to make with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment