Saturday, August 20, 2011

Eat Local Challenge: at the Market (Saturday)

I've mentioned already that I'm grateful we have tailgate markets throughout the week, so I can shop for a couple of days at a time without worrying about things going bad or just over-buying. Today's stop was at the City Market. It was so crowded, I didn't even get to stop in at a couple of stalls I normally hit, and since I go here before work, I kind of have to fly through, so if a tent is too crowded on the first pass, I may have to wait till next time.  Luckily, many of these fine folk are at other markets I may visit during the week!


Here's a look at who I visited this week:


the lovely Trish sells me my Market tokens - what a great convenience, to be able to
buy tokens with credit or debit and food stamps too! Today, because I parked in the
far-away lot, I also won $10 in Market bucks!

Spinning Spider Creamery - I usually pick up some lovely goat milk cheeses,
but today I found goat stew meat and now it's in the freezer.

I believe I picked up leeks & shallots here today...

had to get my baguette fix...

source of studio-production-saving granola and health bars!

summer squash and tomatoes from here today...

baby melons from here...

my market cuppa - mmmmm!

today's bounty - some will last well into the week, or at least until the Tuesday market!

No comments:

Post a Comment