Thursday, August 11, 2011

Love Letter to a Summer Tomato

Reprinted with permission from Big Fat Art Cloth:



Oh big honkin' red juicy Kentucky tomato, how I love thee. Your shape and size are no matter.  I care only about your true color, what is inside.

I wait all year for you, shunning the pale pink comparisons.  I pick off the imitation tomato slices served to me the rest of the year - those posers - with stubborn, silent contempt.



My love for you is true.  Small town gossip and petty grandstanding over this melon or that eggplant will not distract me or tear us apart.

K. Crane
Part of love letter found on Ravenswood Ave. #3, Oct. 2006
Textile ink on cloth

No matter where I travel, I carry on my love for you.

K. Crane
Romas from the Brussels Market August 2005
Oil bar and wax on paper

This is our time.  These are the dog days of summer.  If these are my last, then let them be spent with you.


K. Crane
Venetian Night on Lake Michigan - Work In Progress
Custom screen print on hand-dyed cloth

I'm in love with your sweet juicy flesh and I don't care who knows it.

Summer 2008:  a bumper crop

No comments:

Post a Comment