Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Friday fun ...

I took a quick break between glazing and loading the kiln to dash through a couple of events on Friday.



The first was Art for Food at the Cotton Mill Studios - I didn't have my camera ready at that first stop, but it was a great show, with some proceeds benefiting Manna Food Bank, one of my favorite do-good organizations.

Next was a quick stop at the opening reception of "Ma: The Space Between" at the Asheville Area Arts Council's Front Gallery. The show features yummy wood fired ceramics from Akira Satake and Judith Duff, beautiful textiles from Barbara Zaretsky and gorgeous furniture from Brian Boggs. I did manage to get my camera out for a few quick shots:

we arrived just in time for the fashion show of Barbara Zaretsky's beautiful designs

Akira Satake, behind a Brian Boggs table, holding a Barbara Zaretsky textile and a sweet wood fire piece of Akira's.

I thought I had a shot of one of Judith's pieces in this camera too, but it's not here. Consider that a tease, because it's all worth getting downtown to see!

After an all too quick run through (as usual, it seems), it was back to WestFire Studio to load the kiln. But that's another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment