Thursday, March 25, 2010

Signs of Spring...

Well just a wee bit of catching up to do ...

The studio move is just about complete, and once I collect the holiday lights from outside the little red building on Domino Lane and move some scrap wood, we'll be focused on just one location again. 

I'm grateful for the past two years in that space and all the experiences, good and bad, that came with it.  My studio members shone like the stars they are in helping me get packed and moved and unpacked, and I am most grateful for their support and friendship.  And while the digging out is still in process, I'm already enjoying the new space and am so excited to be in the same location as the reduction kiln ... now just gotta get the work out and fill it!

It's still a jungle of boxes and temporarily placed furniture, but member Matt made it in to throw the first pots yesterday, and I tested out my own work space with a couple at the end of the day.  We have a kiln scheduled just a few weeks away, so if I needed any MORE motivation to get things done and ware on the shelves ... well there it is!

I tidily packed away the camera and only found it the day after the move, so here are a few catch up shots.


We had beautiful weather for the move, and then the next day ... snow!  Here's the new building. 

The great dumping of boxes and furniture....

things slowly coming out of boxes and onto shelves...
rewarded myself with a little wheel time last night...

happy to say the wheel works just fine in its new home!

If I could've crawled more around boxes and furniture to get good depth, there would be more pictures ... stay tuned!

1 comment: