Friday, April 3, 2009

First Friday Fun!

This is more of a public service announcement, because if you haven't started getting out to the First Friday gallery events, tonight is a perfect time to start!

I'll be in the studio till 6pm, so of course anyone who'd like to start at my studio, we're not having a show, I'm just saying I'll be there and you're most welcome to stop by. But once the doors close, I'll be checking out as many openings and exhibits as I can before they close - here are a few that are on my list, I know there are more - add to it if you want!



New Spring Work - opening at Clingman Cafe, 242 Clingman Avenue in the River District.
Work by Heather Tinnaro, Courtney Murphy, Patty Bilbro, Julie Covington & Jennifer Hoolihan
Opening reception 5-7pm
(insert plug here: I'll be among the exhibiting artists here in May!)




Ceramic Artists: Perfectly Paired opening at Woolworth Walk, Haywood St, downtown
Featuring the work of Heather Knight & Dawn Dalto
Opening reception 5-7pm


Ariel Gallery: Seventh Anniversary Celebration - 19 Biltmore Avenue downtown
new works by cooperative gallery members, and anniversary celebration from 5-8pm!

Others I'm going to try and hit:

American Folk Art & Framing - 64 Biltmore Ave downtown - celebrating their love of framing this month

Gallery Minerva - 8 Biltmore Avenue - new paintings & sculptures. One of the featured artists, Cassie Ryalls, is a good friend. Opening Friday 5-9pm.


And if you end up downtown, a great compliment to crawling around and soaking up good art is to crawl into the French Broad Chocolate Lounge for a nice brew, some incredible chocolates all hand made with love and lots of other good stuff. They also have a new cheese plate, featuring lots of local products, and they always feature an area artist on their walls (oh, and my mugs on the shelves!).

Lots of great work to see, and with the opening receptions, you also often get the chance to talk with the artists. Oh and yes there's usually a little refreshment action happening too. Get out and have an art walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment