Wednesday, February 4, 2009

snow day!

I used to hate it when a 'snow day' happened on a weekend or holiday, took all the fun out of it. But today I'm really happy it was as much of a snow day as we get around here, and it's also on my 'day off'. It made it much easier to decide to actually take the day off!

No snow pictures of Lissa rolling in the snow - I had the camera, but it was too cold to take off my gloves, so that will wait. But we did walk down to the studio so I could open the cool kiln to take a peek at our latest glaze firing. Several studio members did some interesting combos and tests, and hopefully they'll be as pleased as I was. And if they're looking here, they get a sneak peek!




I also got my tax info sent away and am waiting for questions and requests from my tax bwana, so I lounge a bit, read a bit, watched a movie a bit, took Lissa for a long walk in the snow and even got a few more boxes unpacked.

Tonight I'm going to my friend Libby's birthday dinner, and I'm taking a gooey, chocolately dessert delight with me.

So much to do at/for the studio...gotta get some sample pieces done for a new product push, got commissions to finish, work to throw to fill a kiln, marketing, marketing, marketing...but today was a good day to take it easy. And with a snow day, it's nice to know there are others who just had to take it easy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment