Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Go Vote!


ahhhhh....

Third time's the charm. I tried to vote a couple of times last week, and while usually I'm happy to stand in line to vote, last week there were too many other deadlines pulling me. My first attempt, the line was out the door, the second time, I was in line for about 15 minutes and realized I had to duck out again. Back in town with far less time crunch, I went in and out in less than 20 minutes. It's great to see such a strong turn out early, and now I'm free to help out on election day.

A note about straight-ticket voting. Make sure you make your separate selection for President, even if you're voting straight ticket, or your Presidential vote may not count. The poll workers at my precinct were careful to point this out, but not all places in the states that have straight ticket voting are telling voters this, so to make sure all your votes count, vote each candidate, it doesn't take that much longer!

And another note - even if you're opting to vote on election day, take a few minutes and confirm your registration, that way you don't get stuck with a provisional ballot on the 4th.

back to the clay...

No comments:

Post a Comment