Friday, June 27, 2008

end of workshop, now back to work!


It's been quite a week. Wouldn't trade it for the world, but I do admit I'm very excited to move into the next set of busy-ness! Above are the chawans I made this week. I didn't get a lot made over the week, but what did get made I'm very pleased with and it was great to revisit some techniques I haven't played with in a while. I think I'll have to put the chawans into the regular routine.

Not much done for the new space, but Holly came by to check it out and prodded me to shoot some update pictures, so here they are:

visitor Holly checking out the fab new kiln gloves...

the new storage fun over the sink...

the corner office with requisite dog bed behind the desk...

Tomorrow will be cleaning, taking a load of recycling away and opening up and assembling two more wheels (and taking more recycling away). I'm very pleased that Shimpo packs its wheels in cardboard and doesn't use a lot of foamy filler - I'll be able to save a lot of it for my own packing. Once the clean up is done, I'll get back to the current studio, pack up some more and get it situated to get back to work. It was good to do some workshop work during the week, but I've got the dt's for my own kickwheel. Also got a lot to catch up on, and I think a kiln is actually scheduled in about two weeks, so there's a nice deadline to keep me motivated.

To any of the Akira workshop participants who may be checking in to see the blog, it was an extreme pleasure to work with all of you this week, and I hope you stay tuned and keep in touch (or perhaps we'll all reunite later in Italy)! pace - LT



No comments:

Post a Comment