Monday, September 29, 2008

Empty Bowls Monday!

Another stellar bowl project class today with a great demo from Gay Smith. We're starting to see bowls coming out of glaze now and shelves are getting fuller, so it looks to be another good year for the Odyssey contribution to the Empty Bowls event.

Gay did demos on throwing and trimming, really giving a full days workshop of information in about an hour and a half, and we'll be saving the bowls she left us to add to the next soda firing. As with all the other great guest teachers we've had in this year's class, I got a lot of good information from Gay's demos and can't wait to play with some decorating and altering ideas when I get back on the wheel tomorrow.


I also got to show off the bowls that were decorated at the open house, and stashed my other bisque bowls at Odyssey for a glazing session in a couple of weeks for our big firing.

Tomorrow starts some serious throwing to fill a few more bisques for my firing mid-October. It'll be busy leading up to it, then one crazy week glazing/prepping for both the Empty Bowls firing and my own firing, plus the Empty Bowls event then unloading my kiln - all before heading down to Atlanta for the Art Walk/Spirit Talk event in Smyrna GA - I'll add that link in my next post, but now I'm going to prep some clay for tomorrow and give the dog a stroll. peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment