Friday, September 12, 2008

back to school...

It is that time of year, isn't it? I'm usually oblivious to days of the week, much less the seasons, but I do like the serendipity of starting classes at Crazy Green with all the other studious souls going back to their desks.








classroom all ready and waiting!






Miranda and Scott, members of the Thursday afternoon class gettin' down and dirty on the first day.







For any locals watching, there's still room in the Thursday afternoon and Monday morning class, and a third class will be forming soon - the votes are still coming in for the day/time, so if you have an opinion there too be sure to be heard!

I am happy to report, for anyone keeping score, that I managed to teach the entire class on Thursday, not kicking anyone out early. This was a great first week of class - everyone here so far is brand new to clay, but unafraid to dig in and they all have great attitudes toward having fun in the process. Emily joins the Thursday crowd next week, and she may even be brave enough to tackle the kick wheel!

Preparations are underway for the Grand-Open-House on the 27th, stay tuned for more details and if you're not already on the mailing list let me know and you'll get all the info.

As for me, back to the wheel to fill the next kiln. I'm actually looking forward to the glazing portion of the process this time, having had such good and interesting results with new combinations in the last load. It's not that I don't enjoy the glazing portion, but usually it's just what I gotta do to get back on the wheel. The slab roller will be housed in the next week or two, and then I can start the tile series I've been making notes about for a while. Just a little of everything going on here at Crazy Green! Stay tuned for more class updates and other events brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment