Thursday, April 13, 2017

Matzoh Pizza. 100 Days of Recipes: Day 10

Matzoh Pizza

I'm having fun finding different ways to enjoy the yummy matzoh from OWL Bakery, and tonight I made an impromptu pizza of sorts. I toasted the matzoh lightly in the oven, then topped it with a homemade tomato basil hummus, chopped boiled egg, avocado, fresh basil, and hot sauce.


I love how the beautiful toast in the matzoh just about perfectly matches
the textures in my salt yellow glaze (eating with my eyes, first!)
The matzoh wasn't perfectly flat, so before I added the toppings, I pressed it flat, breaking it into several large pieces. Spreading the hummus on first held it together, and then it also made eating it easy as I could just pull out smaller, broken pieces. 

Matzoh Pizza

for the Hummus, place the following in a food processor:

1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. lemon juice
4 cloves chopped pickled garlic
1/2 tsp. pickling juice (you can also just increase the lemon juice)
small bunch of basil leaves, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP tomato paste

Pulse to mix ingredients, then set to puree. Drizzle olive oil in while it blends until it becomes a consistency you like. I like it smooth, but not completely lump-free - a little texture is nice! 

Other toppings:

1 hard boiled egg, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
4 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
hot sauce

Spread the hummus on the matzoh, add toppings, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment